[amc] FW: March 10 Peace Phone-in Conversation

  • From: "Kathy Reid" <Kathy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 15:06:02 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Mennonite Church USA Communications Office
[mailto:communications@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 3:19 PM
To: kathy@xxxxxxx
Subject: March 10 Peace Phone-in Conversation

Your congregation is invited to a call-in phone conversation to inform and
equip us as Mennonites for a possible United States war against Iraq.

March 10, 2003
9:00 - 10:00 pm EST

Dear friends,
As the United States draws nearer to war with Iraq, it's time for Mennonites
to draw near to each other. We invite you to listen to a conversation about
the intersection of our faith and the actions of our country. Speakers on
this call-in conference phone call will be:
* J. Daryl Byler, Mennonite Central Committee Washington Office Director
* John Rempel, Mennonite Central Committee United Nations liaison
* Susan Mark Landis, Mennonite Church USA Executive Board peace advocate
For an hour we will relate our peacemaking call from God to the events in
Washington, D.C. and the United Nations. We'll end by joining in prayer.

Arrangements:
Monday, March 10
9:00-10:00 pm EST (6:00-7:00 PST)
To participate: Register on-line at: http://www.ecirsvp.com Reference Number
3796825
so we have enough phone lines available. You will then be given the
toll-free number to call.
Your phone link will be mute-you won't be able to speak on this phone call.
You will hear music until the call begins.
Please gather as groups around speakerphones so we use fewer lines-and so
you have a local sense of community at this time.

Questions? Contact Kathy Harshbarger, PA administrative assistant,
574-523-3047: kathyH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The phone call costs a bit less than $10 per line. Designated donations to
cover expenses may be sent to:
Peace Projects
Mennonite Church USA Executive Board Office
PO Box 347
Newton KS 67114-0347
Any surplus funds will go toward increased Peace Advocate expenses as a
result of the Iraq crisis.

Please join us.

Pray for Peace,
Act for Peace,
Susan Mark Landis, peace advocate

NOTE: This message was sent by e-mail from the Executive Board directly to:
* Executive Board members and staff
* Constituency Leaders Council
* Congregations
* Conference leaders
* Menno press-release folks

Feel free to pass the information along to Mennonite Church USA
congregations who don't have e-mail.