[amc] FW: [Acpj] Come to Crawford Saturday!!

  • From: "Larry Egly" <Larry.Egly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 07:44:34 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Debbie Russell [mailto:debstuff@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 9:08 PM
To: acpj@xxxxxxxxxx; austindemo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: austintcf@xxxxxxxxxxxx; austinspokescouncil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
LibertyProspects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Acpj] Come to Crawford Saturday!!

I have a flier (Word) version of the below if you want it---

Please forward this to everyone you know!:

Day of Celebration for PEACE!
Saturday, Aug. 23, in Crawford, Texas

-----------Several organizations have collaborated on a full day of events
this Saturday in Crawford, Texas, while George W. Bush is "ranching" nearby.
  Please join us if you can -- the main rally is being sponsored by the
newly formed "Military Families Speak Out" -these people have the loudest
voice in the antiwar movement, which brings great hope to the movement.
Let's add our voices and make this rally a huge success!  This is a day to
CELEBRATE the power of the people, while holding Bush & Co. accountable for
their actions.------------------

Schedule of EVENTS:
11 am  Peace Action, Texas PRESS CONFERENCE calling for a foreign policy
that respects human rights and democracy - at the Crawford Peace House
12:30 pm  Crawford Peace House PICNIC lunch*    http://www.drums.org/cph/
1 pm   Iraq Occupation Watch SLIDESHOW by Craig Adair, July Global Exchange
delegate to Iraq - at the Crawford Peace House (on Hwy. 185 at the RR
tracks)
3 pm  "End the Occupation, Bring Them Home Now!" PROCESSION from Crawford
Peace House to rally with puppets, theatre, drums, signs&#9643;
4 pm  "BRING THEM HOME NOW!" RALLY (speakers, music, public speak-out) - at
the football stadium, sponsored by Military Families Speak Out
www.bringthemhomenow.com
8 pm  Camp-out Party for Peace! at Tonkawa Park. Bring basic camping
supplies tents, and food (grills available)/be prepared to pay a small fee
to camp (&#8804;$10).  Other suggestions: bring guitars (and musicians!),
food, performance art, poetry or other party favors that go well at an
activists' campout

*some food will be available: bring snacks, side dishes, sodas, juices and
lots of water!
&#9643;puppet, sign and banner making party Thursday, 6pm, Rhizome
Collective, 300 Allen St.,
call Missy at (512) 779-4196 for details on that, the procession or the
camp-out

Carpools/caravans are leaving Austin from the State parking lot at MLK and
San Jacinto at  9:00 am, 12:45 and 1:45 pm. Info: debstuff@xxxxxxxxxxx,
389-0215

For those coming all day: suggested to bring---lots of water, sunscreen,
hats/umbrellas/parasols

Directions to Crawford:
Take I-35 to Waco, exit Hwy. 6 and go west, then turn south/left on Hwy. 185
(aka as "Cedar Rock Parkway"); before you hit "downtown" Crawford, you'll
see Tonkawa Park on the right side of the road/the football stadium on the
left and a mile later on the right is the Crawford Peace House--right before
the railroad tracks.
Map:
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=M7tNO.p_0TqT&csz=Crawford%2C+TX&country=us

Statesman "travel" article about Crawford (for more info about the town):
http://www.statesman.com/travel/content/travel/crawford/

Debbie Russell
Peace Action, Texas
   ----------------------------------
Last month, the military assasinated - then displayed the bodies of - Saddam
Hussein's sons. What do you think?

"So, we've got Uday and Qusay. Now, how about the eapons-way of ass-may
estruction-day?"
*****Activity Director
"Now the Iraqis will love us, like they were supposed to in the first
place."
*****Station Engineer
"Super. Now, let's show those bodies to the economy and our problems are
over."
*****Systems Analyst

"I don't think [people around the world] ought to look at us with envy. It
really depends upon how [the] Nation conducts itself in foreign policy. If
we're an arrogant nation, they'll...resent us. If we're a humble nation, but
strong, they'll welcome us." -George W. Bush, 10/03/2000