[amc] Re: Choir schedule

  • From: Ron Diener <rondiener@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 18:40:18 -0800 (PST)

Choir Folks,

Here's the remaining choir schedule (not too late to join in!):

Dec 5th (Saturday)--Nothing scheduled for the choir this Saturday the 5th. Some
of us will be involved in the Sharing with Santa--pretty full weekend.

Dec 6th (Sunday)--Doug Longenecker will be singing Leonard Cohen's "Anthem"
this Sunday the 6th. The choir will not be singing in the Worship Service, but
I would like for folks to gather in the annex at 10:40 for a 15 minute
mini-rehearsal--run-through of a few sections of the Wexford Carol and Come to
Us, O Promised One. Note: links to MP3s below in the earlier e-mail)

Dec 12th--1:00--2:30pm--Saturday rehearsal in the sanctuary. Child care
provided. This is the 2nd (and last) long rehearsal for December.
Pieces--Wexford Carol; Come to Us O Promised One; maybe some carols; Men's
ensemble--This is My Song.

Dec 13th--10:40am gather in the annex; 11 am Worship--sing Wexford Carol.

Dec 20 (Sunday)--10:40am gather in the annex; 11 am Worship--sing Come to Us...

Dec 27 (Christmas Sunday)--probably a soprano duet: Gesu Bambino. Possibly a
few carols from the choir.

Jan 3rd (Epiphany Sunday)--Men's ensemble gather in the annex at 10:40; 11 am
Worship--This is My Song (Finlandia)

Ron

Date: Friday, November 27, 2009, 5:00 PM

Hi folks,
Just a reminder that Advent Choir rehearsal is Saturday at 2 PM. Please be
prompt so we can fully utilize the time. Childcare has been arranged onsite
through the Child Development Center.

Here are links for 2 of the pieces (the actual arrangements) that we will be
working on:
Wexford Carol:
 http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/look_inside/16670099/audio/58519

Come to Us, O Promised One:
 http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/look_inside/16692584/audio/62334

Date: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 11:17 PM

AMC singers,
As has become tradition, we will be preparing some choral music for worship
services for the holiday season and into the new year. As rehearsal time is
always an issue for our busy lives, we have planned for just 2 rather long
rehearsals (1 1/2 hours), plus 15 minute rehearsals on Sunday mornings during
the coffee-time between Sunday School and Worship. Mark your calendars for the
first long rehearsal on the Saturday after Thanksgiving (Nov 28) at 2 PM at the
church. Immediately following rehearsal will be the decorating of the sanctuary
for those who wish to stay. Coffee-time rehearsals will begin on Sunday the
29th. The date/time for the second long rehearsal is TBD pending discussion of
evertone's schedules. For enhancing your choir experience, I suggest you do
your best to attend both long rehearsals, BUT...there are alternatives: I have
MP3 recordings of most of the pieces we will be doing---great for supplemental
individual learning and
 practice.

Please let me know of other e-mail addresses not on the AMC listserve that I
may have missed.

Here's some of the music under consideration:
Come to us, O promised One (A new piece. SATB w/ Piano. Composer: Lloyd Larsen)
O, Jesus, Grant Me Hope and Comfort (SATTBB a cappella. We did this several
years ago.)
Wexford Carol (Haunting traditional Irish. SATB with solo. Looking at several
arrangements. Probably a cappella)

Men's ensemble (advent or New Year):
Mothering God, You Gave me Birth. (This is #482 in the Hymnal. Our own TTBB
arrangement.)
This is My Song...Song of Peace (tune Finlandia by Sebelius, TTBB a cappella)

There are several other Christmas/Advent pieces under consideration, including
some Women's Ensemble pieces. Suggestions are always welcome. If there is
interest and energy, we may continue the choir straight through Jan, Feb, Lent
and Easter.

Ron