[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 10:37:35 -0600

I pray your anticipation of the advent of God's reign keeps your spirit refreshed.

This next Advent Sunday reminds us to 'Get ready.' God calls us to choose the path of peace. Are we preparing the way of the Lord? Are our hearts prepared for God to burst in and reign in our lives?

The anticipation of God’s “bursting in” means that we must be ready. God’s agenda is radical; it brings down what was high and lifts up what was low. God’s light will guide us in continuing along the path of peace, a path fulfilled by God’s coming.

We will be sharing communion together this next Sunday, remembering our constant companionship with Jesus, receiving strength for our journey.

The Bethlehem Christmas Program project allows us to share our celebration of Jesus with the children in the town where he was born long ago. We have partnered with Mr. Zoughbi and the Palestinian Conflict Resolution Center to support this annual event. Thank you for your concern for this uniquely positioned ministry. If you are able to participate with a financial offering as well, please plan to ensure that your contribution arrives at the church before noon on Sunday, Dec 13. You may place the offering, designated for 'Bethlehem Christmas Project,' in the collection during worship or give it to either Daryl, Walter, or me.

May it go well with you. Sincerely,