[amc] AMC Update 2015Oct12

  • From: Austin Mennonite <austinmennonite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "amc@freelists org" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 13:11:00 -0500

Dear Friends,

I ran across this poem recently and it reminded me of my hope for the
church.

A People Place

by William J. Crocker

If this is not a place where tears are understood,

Where do I go to cry?

If this is not a place where my spirit can take wing,

Where do I go to fly?

If this is not a place where my questions can be asked,

Where do I go to seek?

If this is not a place where my feelings can be heard,

Where do I go to speak?

If this is not a place where you’ll accept me as I am,

Where can I go to be?

If this is not a place where I can try to learn and grow,

Where can I be just me?

Musician Ken Medema sings his version of the poem.
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn7xuHsJB8s>

** * **

*Sharing of joys and concerns from Sunday, Oct 11*

- Dixie - pray for Coach Terry who had a serious machine-related
accident and will need a series of surgeries.
- Susanna is looking for a job, preferably in the area of counseling.
- Brisa - Omar asks for prayers for his family traveling to Mexico City.
- Natalie - continue to pray for Andy who is not feeling well and
struggling with insurance.
- Aaron - hoping that our country can agree on solutions to gun violence.
- Bob Koehn - is having surgery on Wednesday to remove a tumor from his
scalp.

** * **

*Calendar*

*Oct 13, TUE, 6:30p - *Leadership Board meets at the church.

*Oct 14, WED, 7p* - Finance Committee meets at Larry Abraham's, 1708
Westmoor Dr.

*Oct 15, THU, 7p - *Women's group meets at Marcia Miller's, 7619 Parkview
Circle.

*Oct, 18, SUN* - Sunday school, worship, young adult lunch.

*Oct 24, **SAT**, 8-noon* – AMC workday.

*Oct, 25, **SUN* – Sunday school, worship, worship committee meeting, men’s
group.

*Oct 30-31* – Western District Conference Annual Assembly, Bethel
College, North
Newton, Kansas. Lee Lever and Michael Shirk (AMC delegate) are attending.
The theme is “Held Together in Christ.”

*Oct 31, **SAT**, 9a-noon – *Coordinating Council.

*Oct 31, **SAT** – *Hands on Housing workday.

*Peace,*

*Lee Lever, Pastor*
*Austin Mennonite Church*
AustinMennonite.org