[amayausers] Re: workshop in Plano, TX

  • From: "Edna Khalifeh" <ednakhalifeh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:27:08 -0600

Got an email from Lynn Weaver (think she's at the Plano Factory) today.
Hope no one minds if I post it here?  Don't forget to register!  Itinerary
as follows (BTW, anyone figured out where to stay?):
Edna,
I wanted to make sure that you were notified of this event.   Lynn
Melco Embroidery Systems Open House/Workshop
Flextronics - 600 Shiloh Rd., TX  75074
Wednesday and Thursday, February 9 - 10

Open House
Welcome all EDS Design Shop, Amaya users or shoppers looking for
embroidery
equipment to our Plano Texas Open House and Workshop.

Don't miss this opportunity to visit our manufacturing facility.
Shoppers
looking for embroidery equipment are encouraged to stop in for a
demonstration on Amaya & DesignShop and see where the machines are
built.
Be prepared to take advantage of the special discounts offered to those
who
purchase at this event.

Wednesday and Thursday, February 9 - 10
Open House - Equipment and embroidery design software demonstrations
9:00 - 5:00 - On-going Amaya & DesignShop demonstrations throughout
both
days.

If you are not attending the workshop, you can still come see the only
commercial embroidery machine made in the USA - At no charge!  A
leasing
expert will be on hand for questions.

Workshops
Melco Embroidery Systems is proud to announce a training seminar on our
Embroidery 2004 and 2005 Design Software, and Amaya machine operations
and
Maintenance.  Learn the easy to use features of DesignShop and machine
operations.   Learn the new dynamic features of lettering, and more
automated editing and digitizing. A certified Melco Instructor will
lead the
training seminars.

*To enhance the DesignShop seminar, students are encouraged to bring
their
Notebook Computers.

DesignShop Workshop
Wednesday, February 9th
8:15 - 9:30             DesignShop Lettering basics                     Sue
Biele
.       Alphabets and true type fonts
.       Control point editing
.       Small lettering techniques
.       Automatic underlays
.       Auto borders
.       Baseline features
.       Group names
.       Density and pull compensations

9:45 - 11:45            DesignShop Editing techniques
.       Adding lettering to designs
.       Traveling through designs
.       Editing fills, columns and run stitches
.       Auto sequencing
.       Advanced expanded stitch editing
.       Group and ungrouping elements
.       Pull compensation
.       Cut, copy, paste and duplicate
.       Change stitch types

12:00 - 1:00            Lunch (included)
                        Jason's Deli Lunch Boxes

1:00 - 2:30             DesignShop Digitizing techniques
.       Digitizing tools
.       Scanning and Sizing graphics
.       Auto digitizing
.       Vector digitizing
.       Blending tools
.       Auto shapes
.       Advanced digitizing tools

2:45: - 4:30            DesignShop 2005 Features

Amaya Workshop
Thursday, February 10th
8:15 - 10:30            Amaya OS Software features
John Hanson
.       Basic software operations                       Sue Biele
.       Adjusting thread feed
.       Stacking jobs

10:30 - 12:30           Amaya Machine Maintenance
.       The power of the Amaya OS Maintenance Menu and how to use it.
.       Lubrication Points: The spots you should never ignore
.       Cleaning and troubleshooting the color change sensors

1:30 - 4:30             Amaya Troubleshooting/Open Forum
.       Thread feed roller replacements and when to replace
.       Know your Needle Depth and How to Change
.       Rotary Hook Timing inspection.  Why it is important.
.       The importance of the "Force Down Load Feature".  What exactly does
it do
anyway?
.       What testing to do before replacing expensive electronic components.

Cost:
DesignShop workshop only - $79.00 1st person, $49.00 2nd person
Amaya workshop only - $79.00 1st person, $49.00 2nd person
Both days - $139.00 1st person, $99.00 2nd person

Registration:
Linda Blackford at 800-366-3526
*Register soon - space is limited

Lynn Weaver Proudly Selling Melco Embroidery Products
Melco Embroidery Systems
4011 W. Plano Parkway, Suite 122
Plano, TX  75093
972-612-0068 PH