[amayausers.com] Re: trouble with hats again...

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 22:56:46 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/442.html

I couldn't find Aaron's email so I'll post a 'help' here!
Trying to do a 5,000 stitch design on Sanmar PWU hats-unstructured, but with
that darn double folded and covered seam down the middle.
Most of the design, of course...runs right down the
seam. Massive thread breaks...every time it runs across the center, and in some
of the design there is 3 colors layered up- no way to get rid of them, top
layer is a 'detail' line on a jeep image.
I've got most of the density on columns and fills to 6.5, but taking half an
hour to do one hat is ridiculous.
I've tried the pressor foot down snug, then one click at a time up to see if I
could stop the thread breaks...no luck. Slowed it down, no luck.
So...any suggestions? Should I use ball needles instead of sharps? Thinner
needle? But I don't have thinner thread...change the density more on
anything going over the seam?
I'm quitting for the night-been at this for 2 hours after a long day
anyways...but I'm coming in saturday morning (tomorrow) if I can make it
through the snow we're supposed to get...LOL
so if anyone can post me some help I'll try it!
Thanks
Roland