[amayausers.com] Re: thoughts on new XTS

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 00:47:33 UT

This message was posted by MJ on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL.
Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1190.html#000001

I just recently upgraded to an XTS from the Bravo machine. (had it for about 2
months) I'm still "working it in" to do my orders because I have a large
Brother machine, which I use to do most of my jobs, while I'm learning to use
the XTS.
The issues that I've run into so far are all from the AOS Version 10. (I didn't
have these issues with AOS Version 9) As I posted previously, it has a lot of
bugs working with TTF, especially if you add underlay. Sometimes AOS 10 crashes
when you try to load a file with TTF. Or if it loads, only half of your letters
show up!
Another bug is switching from Status View (the box on the right side of the
screen) to Advanced Status View -- you can't do it! AOL Ver 10 will crash if
you try. I just talked to the techs yesterday about this issue and they are
totally aware of it and are supposed to be working on it (along with the TTF
issues, which they are also aware of.)
As far as the machine itself, I've had one issue with the trimmer (the cable
came off and things were out of alignment). It's still within the 90 day
period, so Melco sent the tech for no charge.
Like I said, I'm not that experienced yet, so I can't give a full review of
everything. I am having a lot of trouble using rayon thread as opposed to poly
-- just seem to get a lot more thread breaks, no matter all the things I've
tried changing. I use rayon on my Brother and don't have problems.
Hope this helps?