[amayausers.com] Re: slimline clamping system

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 17:48:11 UT

This message was posted by Redina on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/484.html#000011

The slimline frames came with my machine 2 years ago and as everyone has
already said, the instructions were useless. I even used the 6.5 X 5.5" frame
wrong the first time with the 2 yellow frames (a top & a bottom)as they came,
stuck together! The flange with holes that the upper arms fit into was stuck to
the bottom of the mounted frame, so that when I used it, the black grippy
sandpapery stuff was rubbed partially off by the arm cover. I requested another
strip a couple of times but it has yet to arrive. The frame is still usable,
just less grippy there. I am also missing the blue tape which was supposed to
go on the arm cover to make it slicker for the frames to slide across but after
mentioning it a few times, I just gave up on ever seeing it. Inspite of these
setbacks, I love these frames and use them all the time. I also managed to
damage the machine that first time. I bent the thread grabber bar by hitting
the frame because I forgot to clamp it down after removing the
  garment. Needless to say, now I always clamp it down immediately after use
and open just before use. It wasn't that bad, about $60 for a new thread
grabber and left arm plus shipping. I was able to bend the right arm back into
straight. But it was upsetting to have damaged my 1 month old machine!