[amayausers.com] Re: pricing caps

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:47:10 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/10/65.html#000005

Hi Ron...I think I had figured it out like you say long before we went to the
pricing 'page's I use-and seems to me it was 50¢ per tee, 75¢ for polos, 1.25¢
for sweats...heavier the item, fewer per box. I think a 72 piece case of
teeshirts is around $28 UPS per case...39¢ not counting COD fee, etc.
But having the free freight option makes it a lot easier. ANYTIME we have to
pay for next day, 2 day, or 3 day shipping because the customer didn't give
enough lead time-we tell them all freight charges are HIS charges. That can
really add up!
It depends a lot on pricing as to what type of 'invoice' form you have, and if
you have enough orders every week or two to justify the 'free freight'. Also if
you want to 'pass along' the free freight idea to customers. It's also one way
to get them to pay in full with the order-offer 'free freight' for prepaid
orders.
Also, ALWAYS get a big deposit up front until you KNOW the customer and if they
pay promptly or make you wait or make you chase them for the money. We
absolutely never take a new customer's order without a deposit or full
payment...having been stiffed 3 times over 15 years (fortunately we had never
printed the orders...something had made me drag my feet long enough to find out
they weren't going to pay timely-one big order-his deposit check bounced AFTER
we ordered the goods)
In this lovely economy, it is not a good idea to be your customers'
'financier'...it's YOUR money tied up. Make sure you get paid!