[amayausers] Re: magna-glide bobbin

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 09:19:54 -0500

some techs are dead set against the magnetic, others say they are okay.
Amaya users seem to have the same thoughts-you either love them or
hate them.
Here's what I found...
yes, the magnetic bobbins work great-no problems with loose tension,
better for fine detail
You can buy them anywhere, even MelcoMart has them...#17055

But, when you do the math, they cost more and have less footage per
spool.
You are only talking pennies per sewout though.
We save them for problem sewouts, don't use them for everything.
What we DID learn was to stay away from 'generic' or low price
bobbins...
nothing but trouble with them!

Roland