[amayausers] Re: hooping hats

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:01:32 -0500

     Dorothy....you aren't putting the backing in the hoop? With the
auto tension I was not using backing at all on the structured hats,
on the unstructured I still put a 3" band of backing across the hoop-
that way as soon as it starts sewing the hat  back is tied down-no
more bouncing up and down and less chance of it pulling or skewing
around. Putting the backing under the hoop-without being in the
'clamp' isn't going to hold the hat material in place.
If it works, it works...but if you still get material moving around
or letters aren't straight, clamp the backing with the hat.

Roland