[amayausers] Re: help on nylon windbreaker

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:26:24 -0400

I'm working on some pullover nylon windbreakers and 'coaches' jackets. Image
is 6.75" Maltese cross for firedept.
I've got 1 layer 2 oz cutaway underneath, and started out at 6 on MT, have
moved it gradually up to 10. Problem is that the stitching seems to be
'separating' or splitting the nylon-worse inbetween the upright 'bars' on
the fire hydrant, and around letters-you can see the nylon has separated and
the white liner is showing through. If I go to higher (11) MT, it almost is
gone, but then phantom 'bobbin' breaks occur frequently even though it
doesn't break.
Trying one now with solvy on top to see if that helps prevent it-have 9 more
to go. Then we have to add names on front.
Already did front left with a 3" maltese cross, and this problem didn't show
at all!
Help!
Roland