[amayausers] Re: hat frame

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:53:43 -0400

How wide were you embroidering? I need to do lettering to fill about 5" x 2"
on the 'face' of the hat, not the brims....for retail novelty store. No
logo, just different sayings on them.
Probably will be able to go smaller but lettering on them now is 'heatseal'
iron on-want to switch to embroider.

From: Mike Garber <agraphic2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:40:39 -0700
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers] Re: hat frame

Roland,

I've had success hooping bucket hats with a 12cm hoop and no backing.

Mike

Roland R. Irish III wrote:
We started with the 'new' hat frame-the wide angle at the demo, hadn't used
it until then. Nothing but trouble with it-except for structured hats we
couldn't get anything to stay still on it! Worked great at the training, but
those were, you guessed, structured hats.
So we coughed up painfully the bucks for the standard frame (CCF-WAD) and it
is much easier to load-but you loose a lot of embroiderable area in height,
and can't go as far around the cap. It holds the 'sides' of the cap face
rigid for about 2 1/5" so with backing you can do an unstructured hat. Of
course, by the time its embroidered with backing, you no longer have an
unstructured hat! Can't win, can we! But using enough tearaway and then
pulling off every little bit it does almost make them a 'floppy' front hat.
Couldn't do much of anything for low profile hats with the wide angle.
Haven't used it since we bought the CCF!
Tried to do bucket hat with it and couldn't get that style hat to stay put
for any decent embroidery-and have cases of bucket hats to do-so anyone with
hints let me know!
Roland

From: "Jean A. Allen" <jaa1943@xxxxxxxxx> <mailto:jaa1943@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 07:43:12 -0700 (PDT)
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers] Re: high stitch count on hats....

Roland, do you use the wide angle cap frame?  I've wondered if
the old style cap frames would be a good investment..it seems
like we can get a larger design on cap.

Thanks
Jean Ann Allen

--- "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<mailto:signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

15,000 stitches on a hat with Amaya is nothing...even for me
as a 'still'
struggling beginner. I just did a batch of hats for a jeep
show last week
and it was around that amount, and have done a couple small
orders higher
than that. Real tricky getting the settings right-and using
the correct hat.
I'm still not having much luck with 'low profile'
unstructured-best hats
I've had good luck with are the 'flexfit' style with no seam
in front, med.
or high profile, and structured...
just takes more practice to get those others right!
Roland