[amayausers.com] Re: eps files and converting

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 20:36:09 UT

This message was posted by Marcelle on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/3/724.html#000009

Based on the example given in the top post about the square and partially
overlapped by a circle here's what happens for me using 'flatten' checked and
maybe a 4 setting in the overlap block.

If I select the 2 objects (square and circle) and click convert, the 2 objects
will be converted to whatever stitches I selected.  Let's say a fill for this.
The 2 stitch objects I would get would be the square not a square anymore
because the portion of the square that was under the circle would have been
automatically removed except for the small amount (4) of overlap I had
specified.  The circle would be a full circle though because it was on top.

Only the objects that had parts under other objects are affected by the
'flatten' removal selection.

I hope this is making a little more sense.  I don't really know if this is how
it is supposed to be used because I just experimented with it until I found
that I could get good results using it this way.

I hope some of the experts will provide more information for you and anyone
else interested.  There may be a lot of other things this convert/flatten is
used for and I just haven't discovered them yet.