[amayausers.com] Re: ep4

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:03:56 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/734.html#000001

Robbie,
The EP4 machine was meant for the hobbiest or home sewer meaning it is a home
embroidery machine.  Understand that this machine is the Janome MB4 with
Melco's name on it.

In order to transfer files using Design Shop, you must make sure you are using
the appropriate version of Design Shop in order to do this.  If my memory
serves me right, it must be version 7.00.112 or higher as this is the version
that was available when Melco first started offering this machine.  There is a
EP4 button in one of the toolbars that is used to send files to the machine.
What happens here is that the sofware is converting the native Melco OFM format
file to something the machine can understand.  Most probably a DST format.
If I were you, I would make sure you have the latest version of software
available in that year (2008) just in case you're experiencing bugs.  Again, if
memory serves me right, that would be Design Shop version 7.00.114.  A years
last release of software is usually available for free to licensed Melco
customers.  You might have to work with the person you bought the machine from
to help aquire this software if you don't have it.

Techs such as myself are going to be limited in supporting this machine as
Melco doesn't offer technical classes for us technicians on this machine since
Melco doesn't manufacture it.  If your troubles stem from transfering Design
Shop files, you might get some relief from Melco's software support.
As I understand it, Melco will support the machine operator with a Melco
product no matter where it was purchased but the digitizer who purchased
equipment or software from somewhere other than Melco will have to purchase a
license to transfer the title and recieve free phone support.

I hope this helps.

Ed