[amayausers.com] Re: Add new Thread Mfg to Color Properties

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/399.html#000001

Mary,
I don't believe you are going to add a new color palette.  I personally haven't
heard of how one would do this even if you had the right type of file to use.

I suggest you either use another palette that is similar or choose the RGB
system at the bottom of the list and create the color yourself that you would
like to see on the screen.

Remember that an embroidery machine is color blind.  It only wants to know what
# needle to sew with.  NOT what color to sew.  YOU will determine what spool of
thread is on any particular needle.  Therefore, to have a precise color showing
on the screen is just for feelgood measure.  If you're spending a great deal of
time trying to set up a color on the screen, sometimes it's faster to just sew
out a small design on some scrap fabric to show what that color will look like
on the final product.

Just my quick thoughts on this subject.

Ed