[amayausers] Re: embroidery on the back of hats

  • From: "Body Cover" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:17:29 -0700

We use a number 12 hoop and hoop just half the hat back and run it flat.
it is way faster than using the hat hoop.. we usually don't use any backing
and try to get the hat in just farther than the half way mark. Also use the
side arms that go into the machine as a guide so you can rotate the hat until
its
bottom is parallel with those arms.
then flip the design upside down  and start sewing. we use a MT of around 4 or
5.
with the presser foot all the way down. on some flexfits you have to snip the
little bit
of thread under the label that holds the hat band in place.
But it's ok it's held up on both sides also and the front. that way you can bend
the band down out of the way. You don't want to sew through the band since
that will mess up the flex of the flex fit.

Good Luck and don't be intimidated also hoop a little loose and when on the
machine
you can reach underneath and rotate the bottom hoop to make slight adjustments
to parallel.
I use the thread grabber bar to eyeball it at that point. and then you can pop
it off and
tighten with a screwdriver if needed,

Later,

Ron Vinyard
Body Cover / Magic Stitches

1-888-435-0176
541-471-1504 Fax 541-471-0427

420 SW H Street, Grants Pass, OR 97526-2532

info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.bodycoverdesign.com