[amayausers] Re: embroidering on 600 denier bags

  • From: "Body Cover" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:50:18 -0800

We have run most of our bags at 4 or 5 MT
But this is a good time to run Titanium Teflon coated needles
because Nylon is so tightly woven and plasticy (?)
this creates a lot of friction at high speeds that really can create
large amounts of heat on the needle.

Hot needles flex and have greater chances for breaking
that's why the titanium works because of its heat resistance
and strength and the Teflon coating helps the needle push through
the fabric with less drag and friction which equals less heat.

Anyway for a few items not much difference will be noticed
but if you were running a lot of one or two color designs with a lot of stitches
it creates much more stress on those needles being used.

Just a heads up for things to watch,
We don't use much underlay on bags, or backing.
We slow things down to around 750 or 800 SPM when
doing bigger designs to help with those problems.
but, they can easily run at 1200 and has great results and the
embroidery sets up on top and material doesn't stretch in the hoop
like a lot of stuff can.

Good Luck
I'm sure you'll be happy with the results.
Ron Vinyard
Body Cover / Magic Stitches

1-888-435-0176
541-471-1504 Fax 541-471-0427

420 SW H Street, Grants Pass, OR 97526-2532

info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.bodycoverdesign.com