[amayausers.com] Re: dongles

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 14:22:09 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1186.html#000001

Greg,

Ver 9 can open Ver 7 and lower designs, but Ver 7 or lower cannot open or
recognize a design that was created in a higher version of Design Shop. You run
into these same issues with the graphic programs like Corel or Adobe, etc.

You can separate the machines into 2 pods and if all designs were created in
Ver 7 or lower Design Shop, they will open on either pod using the Ver 9
dongle. Having said that, I believe a change in Ver 9 Design Shop allowed
saving in a Universal format, basicly EXP, that would allow Ver 7 to open a
design created in Ver 9 DS.

An example to futher confuse the issue....the upper level update of Ver 9 is
9.00.099. If I was not updated to this same level in Ver 9, a design created in
9.00.099 would allow me to open it in my level of Ver 9 , but would open in
Design Shop as an Expanded format.

Are these pods going to be at separate locations and not in the same room?
There would be no benifit to 2 separate pods otherwise because you can network
up to 30 machines off of the same ethernet card and one dongle. If you add
another ethernet card to the computer (unless you are using a laptop) then you
can go with another 30 machines on the same dongle in AOS.

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer