[amayausers] Re: converting sating stitches to fill stitches

  • From: "Jeff Banks" <banksje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 10:47:18 -0700

Barbara,

 I do not know who your digitizer is, but what you were told is usually the
opposite of what is normally told people about lettering. Usually you here
small lettering should be hand digitized. 1.5" lettering is not that big
when you think about it. Many shops I know sew 3 and 4 inch letters, using
fills, and outlines around the fills all the time. They use some of the
Athletic Lettering alphabets in the Design Shop software. Now, with that
said, usually they do some editing to clean it up they want it to sew, but
do not have to hand digitize the entire designs.

 To clear up what you were told, I would ask your digitizer to send you
examples of what they are talking about and explain it to you why it should
be digitized?

A fill is always going to sew more stitches. Instead of one stitch per line
of sewing, called Satin stitches, a fill is going to sew multiple stitches
per line. How many stitches is going to depend on the type of fill used,
density settings, and the stitch length used in the fill. The type of
underlay used is going to depend on the garment being sewn on.

 There is a lady by the name of Janel Harris who monitors this list and does
training on Melco software and teaches digitizing etc. She emailed me this
AM asking if she could get involved and if it was ok to mention a feature
that will be added to the 2006 software called Auto Split for columns. I
think you will be hearing from her sometime today.

 Sincerely,
 Jeff Banks
 Melco Embroidery Systems