[amayausers] Re: bobbin not picking up

  • From: <suried@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 07:32:49 -0800 (PST)

Hi Sharon and everyone else,
1-This doesn't happen on all designs but it happens at
least once on most designs.  It has not happened on
lettering but I have not done a lot of lettering yet.
I haven't been able to link it to the source of the
design either.
2-I put tie in and tie offs on the lettering I've
done.  I did not  add tie ins and offs to the stock
designs I've been stitching.  I figured they already
had them.
3-Presser foot adjusted to the fabric??  O.K. the
newbie isn't sure how to do this.  Obviously I haven't
been doing this.  Can you help me do this?
4-I have been running in standard only for the past
few weeks.  My sales rep told me to just run in
standard because I was having trouble with thread
breaks and false bobbin breaks--which I am still
having trouble with.
5-Until a few minutes ago the tails of my thread were
being cut at medium.  I did just change it to short
because the tails seemed too long to me.  A couple of
times a tail would get caught in the stitches and
cause more trouble.
6-I have been stitching on either sweatshirts or
fleece.  I have been using the heavier cutaway and a
piece of tearaway I got with the machine.  I also have
been putting solvy on top.  I have been setting the MT
at 11 but have increased it to 12 when I get thread
breaks and have decreased it when I get false bobbin
breaks--I geta lot of both of these.  Also, I have
found that I have to decrease MT to 9 when doing a
regular outline.  Is it normal to have to adjust the
MT for outline stitches?

Thanks guys for all your help!!

Susan
Embroidery Station

--- springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

---------------------------------

Hi Susan,

It's Sharon--how are you dear friend?  We're on a
service call and just logged onto our laptop.  I have
a few questions for you.

1.  Is this happening on all designs? Lettering?

2.  Do you have tie-ins and tie-offs?

3.  Is your presser foot adjusted for the fabric you
are stitching on?

4.  Are you running "Auto" or "Standard"?

5.  Are the tails of your thread being cut at short,
medium or long?

6.  What kind of fabric and weight of stabilizer are
you sewing with? (this will help us determine material
thickness)

You will probably want to either disable or change
your bobbin counter.  I think we discussed bobbins
before and if you are using the NEB bobbins, we can
get anywhere from 38,000 to 42,000 stitches per
bobbin---depending on the design.  Hang in there--this
is part of that learning curve we discussed.  You're
going to be a pro in no time.

Ed, jump in--Rod and I will be on a tech call most of
tomorrow but will check emails again tomorrow night.

Sharon

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 17:45 , <suried@xxxxxxxxx> sent:

So let's go forth and embrace 2006 with a "never say
> die" attitude and
> welcome aboard all of our new list participants who
> will undoubtedly ask...
"I seem to be having a few too many thread breaks,
> can anyone help?"

Yes, Ed this is me. And now for another one of those
questions. I have an XT and
I have been having trouble with the bobbin thread
being engaged at the beginnning of a color change for
a while now. I initially increased my slow stitches
and put it at 8. That seemed to do the trick for a
while. Then I started having trouble again. I
loosened the tension on my bobbin slightly--but not
very much because before I was having trouble with
false bobbin breaks, which if I'm right is due to too
high of MT and/or too loose of bobbin tension. That
seemed to do the trick for a while too. Then tonight
I had more sporadic episodes of the bobbin thread just

not wanting to pick up at all. I decreased my MT just
for the bobbin pick up and than increased it right
away for the sewout when this happened. This seems to
do the trick. But I don't want to constantly or
sporadically be changing the MT back and forth for
each color change. Any ideas of what is happening or
what I am doing wrong???

Also, my bobbin enabled to tell me to replace my
bobbin after
stitches. I don't think this can be right because
when the message pops up I don't think even half my
bobbin thread is gone. Previously I wasn't paying
attention to this message because I didn't want to
waste bobbin thread. But I decided maybe I would have
less trouble if I replace my bobbin before it was all
used up.

Thanks in advance for any help I get.

Susan

Just $16.99/mo. or less.