[amayausers] bobbin not picking up

  • From: <suried@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 17:45:30 -0800 (PST)

So let's go forth and embrace 2006 with a "never say
> die" attitude and
> welcome aboard all of our new list participants who
> will undoubtedly ask...
"I seem to be having a few too many thread breaks,
> can anyone help?"

Yes, Ed this is me.  And now for another one of those
questions.  I have an XT and
I have been having trouble with the bobbin thread
being engaged at the beginnning of a color change for
a while now.  I initially increased my slow stitches
and put it at 8.  That seemed to do the trick for a
while.  Then I started having trouble again.  I
loosened the tension on my bobbin slightly--but not
very much because before I was having trouble with
false bobbin breaks, which if I'm right is due to too
high of MT and/or too loose of bobbin tension.  That
seemed to do the trick for a while too.  Then tonight
I had more sporadic episodes of the bobbin thread just
not wanting to pick up at all.  I decreased my MT just
for the bobbin pick up and than increased it right
away for the sewout when this happened.  This seems to
do the trick.  But I don't want to constantly or
sporadically be changing the MT back and forth for
each color change.  Any ideas of what is happening or
what I am doing wrong???

Also, my bobbin enabled to tell me to replace my
bobbin after
stitches.  I don't think this can be right because
when the message pops up I don't think even half my
bobbin thread is gone.  Previously I wasn't paying
attention to this message because I didn't want to
waste bobbin thread.  But I decided maybe I would have
less trouble if I replace my bobbin before it was all
used up.

Thanks in advance for any help I get.

Susan