[amayausers] Re: auto setting stuck

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 17:17:29 -0500

Here's where I'm at...ruined 2 hats...the auto setting was going way
too low and pulling the stitching right into the fabric. Went into
the design cut it from 9800 to 6300 stitches...sorry, customer-the
hat included 6,000 stitches...live with it and pretend the flames are
there!
Shut down, started up again, started sewing-did the 'oval' (took off
1 outline, left 1) and realized one thread was out of the needle, as
soon as it stopped the first color I hit 'pause' and got 'grabber
timeout error' and the machine itself went dead! Had to shut it off
in the back, power up, and it wouldn't start where it left off. Got
it somewhat lined up to finish the hat....and then shut everydown and
restarted from scratch.
Just finishing up the second hat...no broken threads, MT is bouncing
from 2 to 20, all over the place but it looks better! Not sticking at
one number (except where it is going along without going over the
seam). Did a couple letters dead on the seam with no problem. Sanmar
Portflex hats-somewhat 'cordoroy' texture. Lots of bobbin showing
along the letter sides...but going to live with it since it's even!
I use the 3 oz. cutaway because it is the thickest backing I have-
this is unstructured and without solid backing the hat wasn't moving
for part of the design! Wouldn't slide on the needle plate.
Will try tear away next. I hardly use tearaway-the thread is sewing
so tight most of the time that I can easily pull cutaway off. And on
a hat, against your forehead, the 3 oz. cutaway is much softer. At
least on MY fathead!
Roland