[amayausers] Re: auto actifeed & puckering/tightness-again

  • From: "Shuffletown Embroidery" <shuffemb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 12:55:48 -0400

Sandra,
I didn't realize that this was a new post since there has been so much
discussion on a similar subject. It doesn't look like any of the experts
have responded to this one yet. I searched the archives.
All that said, your settings sound similar to mine. For lightweight flats, I
set my presser foot one click up. I adjust this for thicker fabrics. I don't
think I am having any undue puckering. Since you are, maybe you should
loosen your bobbin a smidge, not even a quarter-turn, and see what happens.
Is the puckering related to just one needle or all? Check your rollers to
see if there is any sign of a need to add grease. Is it happening with just
one design or type of fabric or all. That information might help
troubleshoot your current problem.
Acti-feed seems to working OK for me, although I have had some unfounded
concerns occasionally. I definitely am getting better stitch quality
overall.
Good luck. I hope someone who knows more will chip in soon.
Mary

Mary Buckle
Shuffletown Embroidery
Charlotte, NC