[amayausers] Re: Who does screen printing?

  • From: DLCompton@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 18:31:26 EDT

I use Transfer Express (_www.txpress.com_ (http://www.txpress.com) ). They
are a bit more  expensive but I really like their idea book. I'm not an artist
and although most  of the jobs I've done have been custom, the idea book has
helped make a few  sales. It helps to understand vector vs. raster art. Most of
my jobs have been  single color but I have done a 3-color one. The detail is
as clear as  you submit; there are some limitation just as there is for
embroidery as ink can  only go so thin or leave a gap. I don't know if they do
shading/gradient work  and I'm not too knowledgable about the whole
screenprinting
process other than  it's involves smelly chemicals. Transfers on the other hand
are very quick and  easy. Goof-Proof presses for only 3 seconds. Their
customer service  will help you and you can submit non-vector art; they will
charge
you for art  time to convert.

The schools I do these for love not having inventory--they purchase the
transfers and then the garments as needed. I keep the transfers and every month

process an order giving an update of how many transfers they have left. I just
wish they were closer to me! (I think they're in Ohio.) The press paid for
itself within 4-5 jobs (300 shirts).

Heat presses in general, I think, are a great asset. Not only are there
screenprinted transfers but there are: rhinestone transfers, dye sublimation,
digital transfers, and vinyl--all applied with a heat press.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Dorothy  Compton
Bee Embroidered
_www.BeeEmbroidered.com_ (http://www.beeembroidered.com/)
(916)  635-7467
Rancho Cordova, CA

In a message dated 10/13/2006 6:37:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
image_maker31@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I have  been thinking of adding this service to my business and was wondering
if there  was a specific company you recommend that does a great job on the
screenprinted transfers????  Are the design pretty clear when very  detailed???

Thanks!
DLCompton@xxxxxxx  wrote:

Have you thought about doing them yourself with a heat  press and a
screenprinted transfer? It's a great addition to a small  business and this
order could
pay for the heat press! Just an  idea.