[amayausers.com] Re: Version 9 & Version 7 - Co-exist?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 15:40:41 UT

This message was posted by Barbara on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/284.html#000012

I purchased the new V9 upgrade but have not installed it yet.  I still have a
parallel port dongle so will the new Version work with the old type dongle?
Also, like some of you have said, I would like to install it separate from V7
until I get used to 9 but haven't tried yet.  If I understand correctly, when
you install the new Version and attach the dongle when requested, the software
writes the new information to the dongle.  If that assumption is true, how can
you have both versions coexist on the same computer?  I did not get a new
dongle with my upgrade because it was an upgrade.  Should I have or would I
have needed to buy a completely new program to get a new dongle?
  I would love to have a USB dongle and have tried the parellel port to USB
converters but haven't gotten them to work.  Any advice out there in Amaya Land?