[amayausers.com] Re: Using search = time saved

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 04:55:35 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1002.html#000005

I would have to jump into this one and say no to the adjusting bobbin tension
---trim length statement....

I understand what you may be driving at but we are talking Amaya technology.
Bobbin tension vs threadfeed can/will have a definite effect on the Amaya's
"auto acti-feed" system. To say that it will change or have an affect on trim
length when the top thread is fed by the threadfeed motor and computer
technology.....well.....not directly anyway or by creating a given consistant
trim lenght.

Loose bobbin tension may create a loose bobbin/thread condition that will allow
the trimmer to slide over the top of the bobbin/top thread, partially cutting
it and then the grabber breaking it which may look like a long tail or missing
the trim altogether....but really auto acti-feed is what would be noticed with
false thread breaks or false bobbin breaks.

Older non-Amaya technoloy with all the tension knobs might have a greater
chance for trim length changing from bobbin tension, but even then loose
bobbin/tight bobbin tension still gives  you problems not associated with a
regulated trim length of the top thread....

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer