[amayausers.com] Re: Trouble with hats

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 16:00:18 UT

This message was posted by KERRMINATOR on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/1167.html#000002

Personally, I hate hats  :(  I was doing this one crest logo for a polo club
and it stitched fine on the polo shirts, then the guy decided he wanted it put
on baseball caps as well. Oye Vay!

So, I just went ahead and tried it out on a hat, but it was all screwy. It was
supposed to be 2 inches high and about the same wide.....it turned out 2 inches
high and maybe 1.5 inches wide. So it looked ridiculous. I had to stretch it
out to a silly looking width and leave the height the same in order for it to
look normal on the hat. I know if I stitched that design on a flat garment, it
would be incredibly wide looking.

I'm now wondering if it would have been possible to use the fast frames with
sticky backing for those since they were unstructured caps. Unfortunately, I
don't have fast frames so I don't know if it would have given me better results
or caused more problems.  :p