[amayausers.com] Re: Thread wrapping around behind the bobbin case thing

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 20:02:58 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/825.html#000005

Kerrminator,
I personally haven't seen thread begin to wrap in this area in front of my own
eyes so I can only go by what the elders have said.

1) This can happen when you have a very long tail of thread on your bobbin
spool when you place the bobbin case into the rotary hook.  The long tail of
thread has no where to go so it either gets sewn under the garment or gets
tangled in the first thing it snags, possibly this shaft.  This tail of bobbin
thread extending from the "Pig tail" spring shouldn't be longer than your
finger.

---- My thoughts on this could also range from a nasty or dirty rotary
hook/trimmer area or sticky spray, oil, and rust or metal burrs and even
scratched screw heads and retaining clips, on the shaft itself, that would
manage to catch or snag the thread and wrap around the bobbin shaft.  This may
also happen if your trimmer isn't trimming correctly or if you are getting an
occasional "bird's nest" because of operator error or any other reason.

Maybe thread is wrapping around the shaft after those ugly thread breaks where
excess thread is left behind.

I'm sure it's going to be one or more of a combination of issues and may not
necessarily be the same for everone.

If anyone has any experience to share, I'd be interested to hear it.

Thanks,
Ed