[amayausers] Re: Thread breaks

  • From: "Cheryl Rotter" <tsiemb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:03:13 -0700

Anand,
I know you have experience with embroidery, but here's my two cents. 5
clicks up sounds a bit high. If you do a bottom center on the hoop with
the garment in the hoop does the presser foot just touch the fabric? I
think I usually sew heavy sweatshirt hoodies and heavier jackets maybe 3
clicks up

Also Check for threads in the rotary hook area, I've had them catch and
break off in that area.  Also I have had thread wrap around the cog/gear
behind the yellow thread roller and cause a problem. You must remove the
yellow thread roller to see back there.

You could have grease on the yellow roller, clean it with soapy warm
water and replace. I usually put a small amount of polymer lubricant
inside where the metal hub of the thread roller sit. Or the red pinch
roller might not have enough grease inside it. You can spin the red
roller and see if it moves freely and lubricate a small amount on the
black inner hub of the pinch roller.

How about putting in a new needle?? Good luck
cr

Cheryl Rotter
Team Sports Ink
5111 Grumann Dr. Ste #1B