[amayausers.com] Re: Thread breaks.

  • From: "Rod or Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 18:49:04 -0700

Dan, glad to know it isn't the machine. Often people will sew with their presser foot up too high and that certainly is a culprit for threadbreaks.

Digitizing is definitely not a "plug and play" art. Rod has been doing it for a long time now and we still learn new things. Once in a very great while you will get a vector file to auto digitize but we have only seen a couple of files that do it very well. Digitizing is an art and takes a long time to learn to do well. That is why people should appreciate a person who does digitizing well and expect to pay for what they get. I have watched Rod spend many hours on some designs then test sew, verify, tweek and sew again.

When Rod trains people on digitizing, I know he talks about entry and exit points, length of stitches, etc. so good luck to you.

As for thread nets, we don't use them. However, we use Arc or Isacord thread. I don't remember you stating what thread you are using. I wish Madeira would change the shape of their cones--they are too tall and do seem to pool down around the bottom of the spool at times. If you have a cone that pools, by all means, put on a thread net and try it.

This forum is a great tool and we can all be thankful to those who contribute good, correct and helpful information.

Sharon

----- Original Message ----- From: <theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>