[amayausers.com] Re: Thick material

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 14:00:32 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/947.html#000001

WE've embroidered on insulated 'lunch bags' for kids. They are about 1/4" or
more thick-we use the speed frame (clamp) system. Only problem we find is the
inside vinyl liner gets cut right right through, like perforated kids cutouts.
I have clear 'banner vinyl repair' tape and just cut a piece a little larger
than the sewn area and press it down firmly and the customer is okay with
that-we showed her what it did. Also, we do all kinds of tote bags, synthetic
and natural-just don't bother with a backing. And Sanmar Work jackets-good
heavyweight material-again, no backing and no problems.