[amayausers] Re: Technical Training

  • From: "frank davis" <fadavis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 16:00:02 -0500

David,
I went through the tech program in Oct. for the purpose of doing service
work.   I also have one AMAYA that I've been running for two and a half
years in my small business.  It is a bit of an investment.  I already had a
full shop of mechanical tools and still spent about $1400 on more
specialized tools for AMAYA. (Although you can do a good bit with a set of
allen wrenches).  And don't forget the cost of the program.  Remember the
old saying, "if you don't use it you loose it".  There is a lot to absorb in
the one week program on machine operation and basic digitizing.  The two
week tech program is very intensive.   Just about every day, when I was
there,  was 10 - 11 hours.  It is very interesting if you enjoy mechanical
things and John Hanson is an excellent instructor.  It is a bonus being able
to work on your own machine.  My suggestion would be to first become well
familiar with the machine and its operation before going to tech training.
Everything together, in my opinion, would be a big bite to chew.
Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Frank
Force Ten Embroidery
AMAYA Tech