[amayausers.com] Re: Table to support Slim Line

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 23:05:13 UT

This message was posted by integrity on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/498.html#000007

Well, I lied, sort of.  I only purchased the small (6" wide) and the large (12"
wide) table extension from Melco.  They are very nicely constructed, have thumb
screw adjustments and slide into the rail under the bobbin arm like the cap
driver to secure them at the correct height.  John has politely hosted some
pictures from me for your benefit at

 http://www.amayausers.com/tips/gallery.asp

They show the top and bottom view of the small extension, in place with the
Slim-Line I (6" x 5.5" field) with both the small and large extensions in
place.  I had not thought to use them together, until John asked, since I
primarily use the slim-lines for bags and what-not and need the room around the
bobbin arm for the tubular advantage.  But I have used these "tables" with
karate belts and large wood hoops, and they certainly keep the field of sewing
very flat and nothing hits the bobbin arm from the front.  I could see where
even a regular hoop with the peripheral material supported by these could be
used more safely, and not have the bag or material pop out of the hoop by its
own weight.

Lastly, a freebie, a shot of our pegboard wall and the organization it gives
for our hoops and Hoopmaster fixtures and rolled stabilizer.

Cheers,
Dave