[amayausers] Re: Stocking caps

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:42:50 -0500

Follow Mike's advice, and Ron's. I've done some-its a challenge. Best results came with the clamp, not the hoop. I use tearaway though instead of cutaway so we get a 'clean' inside of the cap.
Ones that have the brow that folds back up are harder-you have less area to work with.
Haven't tried it with the new auto density-will try some over the weekend possibly.
Definitely need the solvy on top, plenty of pull comp. or you get sucked right down in the knit and the cap no longer 'moves' when worn.
I also stretch them out a bit when sewing-so that there is less material under the lettering-less chance of it getting pulled apart going over a fat head.
Roland