[amayausers] Re: Stitch Counts

  • From: "Jeff Banks" <banksje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 10:55:47 -0600

Cheryl,

 I would have to look at the design you are loading, but it may be right.

 DS counts every stitch. Amaya deletes Jump Stitches, as there is no such
thing to an Amaya machine, and also will depend on the Design Filter
Settings for Short Stitch as well. The Design Filter Settings in AmayaOS
will effect all designs loaded into a machine.

 Send me the file you are using, I can probably give a more exact
explanation.

 As far as the count to use when billing or estimating, I would always use
the higher count. This is what someone with a different machine would use as
their machine would probably count the jumps and short stitches, and why
should you use the lesser just because you own an Amaya? You are in business
to make money, do not be afraid to charge accordingly.

 Jeff Banks
 Melco Embroidery Systems