[amayausers] Re: "Sigh" threadbreads on small lettering

  • From: "Kesavan" <kesavan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Amayausers@Freelists. Org" <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 09:25:43 +1000

Cindy,

How did you go with the designs I edited for you. I did not test them. Hope
they ran OK for you. If you are still having problens try changing the
colours to a needle that is running well.

I am not happy with a few of the needles on my Amaya that break threads. I
swithced the colour to a different needle that works well and and the design
sews perfectly.

I am off to check out the new Happys next week end.

Anand

Anand,
        Both of these designs came to me from a Screen Printer in the .dst
format(Tajima). I used 75/11 BP needles / medium cutaway backing on both. I
used the suggested acti-feed settings for the materials. The Schippel design
was on a Ping Knit Polo shirt and sewed beautifully except the lettering on
the bottom line. There I would run into the issues I mentioned below. The
Dri-Rite sewed well on a couple of T-shirts and on hats. The rest of the
t-shirts and polo knit shirts I had a dickens of a time with thread breaks.
I did change needles but still used the same size 75/11 that helped some.
Used Arc Poly Thread on the Dri-Rite but Isacord Poly on the Shippel. I am
not very good at editing yet as I am only into this business a month so I
did not want to mess with existing designs that sewed out well when I did a
practice run on them. A couple of suggestions that have come back was to
change to a smaller needle/ thread and increase change the density to 4 or
5.
 Thanks for the Help

Cindy Chamberlin