[amayausers] Re: Shop Software

  • From: "Cheryl Rotter" <tsiemb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:48:09 -0800

Mike,
We still shuffle paper to an extent. The printers still need a paper
print out because they can't go to a digital file and look at the
design. I think part of this is that our owner really isn't of the
digital age. He thinks everyone still needs a piece of paper for
everything.  Since everyone else uses paper, I have to also. Someday, I
may try to win him over. All I really need is single piece of paper with
the job numbers that have been checked in and I could totally run my
department from the software.
Our receiving dept still has to check in from a paper receiving summary.
It's a shame, but he's the boss... To stop the paper shuffle, I think,
and to make it worth your while, the computers have to easily accessible
for each department and you have to "retrain" the employees to think of
digital files displayed on monitors, instead of paper designs. We have
run network ethernet out to the receiving area, but he still insists on
paper.

I haven't heard of T quoter, but I bet it's nice. I think shopworks is
probably more than what we need, but the owners son in law talked him
into the "biggest and best" and therefore the priciest.

Cheryl Rotter
Team Sports Ink
5111 Grumann Dr. Ste #1B
Carson City, NV 89706