[amayausers] Re: Shadow effect on letters help needed

  • From: "Jeff Banks" <banksje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 07:12:21 -0600

LuAnn,

 Every font is different, and there are many different ways to overlap
lettering for shadows and have different looks. There is not going to be a
standard setting for all. Different alphabets have different column widths,
at different sizes the overlap is going to be different, different people
like one angle, etc.

Have you zoomed in on the stitches and looked at them and see how the
overlap works? It used to be a common practice to just duplicate a line of
text, then move it to one side, up or down etc. to create the shadow effect.
In the shadow feature the moving it to one side and up and down is the
angle. This setting is going to be personal preference more then anything.
After the lettering is created, and the shadow is created, you can select
either of the lettering objects and move them around which is doing the same
thing. Zoom in on the stitches and watch what they do at the area where the
2 overlap as you move them around. Notice how the areas where the stitches
overlap adjust their stitch length?

 I have to ask if you are able to get the lettering to look good without the
shadow? You say things look choppy? Do you mean jagged edges?

 Jeff Banks
 Melco Embroidery Systems