[amayausers] Re: Shadow effect on letters help needed

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:34:30 -0400

On the few shadow jobs I"ve played with, I did as Jeff suggested-just
duplicate the lettering, slide it over and down. But If the stitch angle is
the 'same' as the top lettering, your stitching will slide 'between' the
thread and give you that choppy look. I think I end up with a 45 degree
angle difference for the bottom, and also zig zag underlayment on the top
layer to tie the threads in place.
But I've seen some beautiful shadow work on other stuff and really want to
figure out how to do it
Roland