[amayausers.com] Re: Screenprinting Film Output Help Needed with Illustrator CS3

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 16:25:26 UT

This message was posted by Gabi Kat on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/425.html#000003

Roland - Just for the record. I'm not from the "geek scuad"
I'm a graphic designer/artist. (Graphic art production design and out-put for
all types of printing.) As the set-ups all vary to get the finish pieces to
apear the same. For screen printing you want to specify a maximum of 65 line.
Any finer your dots get lost in the fabric. But if your printing on a hard
surface that doesn't bleed then you would want 300 line or better. Newspaper
bleeds, so 65 line is the screen of choice.
So to keep life simple and fast. cause fast is the profit margin in graphic art
you want to create 1 master piece of art - to be out put to different printing
processes a PDF would be my "keep it fast and simple" answer.
Have a great and profitable day.
Gabi