[amayausers.com] Re: Redigitizing in the middle of sewing out

  • From: "Roland Irish, III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 20:15:15 -0400

as far as I know once you save a file, it is 'there' until you throw it away. what DS was asking was to 'save' any files you still had 'open' at the time it crashed. So the original files should be

there someplace....
interesting to find out that if you have 'rottated' a design it is not onsidered point of origin.
I wonder if Melco software people screwed up on that one?
We're watching a PBS program on the volcanic activity in/around Hawaii right now...

Roland
On Aug 15, 2010, at 8:06 PM, Juli Damazo wrote:

Worked like a charm! I hit Return to Origin, went into DS and fixed my design and reloaded it. It went to the same origan, BUT the design was supposed to be turned slightly. It did NOT turn!. So I wrote down the co-ordinants, used the laser to denote the ends of my center and turned the design. Then set the center right on my written down co-ordinants. And that did work just fine. And what a difference the wider outline made t the design. No comparison!

Now I have another problem!!!!!!!

At some point in all that, my DS "Had a Problem" and closed. When I restarted it, it asked if I wanted to recover the files and I said (STUPID ME!!) No. I had saved all the tweaked designs, the original whole design with my boxes around the two parts, and both the left and right sides seperately. But now they are not there. I want to cry! So is there any way to go back and recover those files?

I do have the right side file still in OS. Is there a way to save it from there? That would help me some.

Is this my punishment for wroking on Sunday?

Juli in Kona