[amayausers] Re: RA Essene Thread

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 13:15:55 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/34.html#000008

When we first got the Amaya, we tried to get thread from Madeira but
they did not have cones that fit.
Over a year and a half ago they switched to a new cone-I think you
just have to specify that your order is
for an Amaya. There is no adaptor needed-the cone is the same height
as ARC cone.
We have seen LESS breakage than the ARC thread-and more color
selection, plus if you send out
orders to larger embroidery houses-they all use Madeira so you will
be able to proof it in the same colors
for the customer to see.
Our orders usually ship the same or next day-compared to a week or
two we end up waiting for Melcomart
to ship. I bought the full 288 thread spool kit when we first started
from Melco, and as we use up any of
those colors we replace with full size Madeira cones.
Also, Madeira carries larger assortment of backings, and will give
you free small rolls of almost anything
(metallics, variegated, etc.) just so you can try them!
I take all the thread spools and make a notch in the bottom with
a razor knife to catch the thread when we put the spool back on
the wall rack
Roland