[amayausers] Re: Question on z-axis error

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:13:01 -0500

I was told that any satin stitch 1/4" or larger is death on a
cap...it is just too much for the machine to handle.
There is a way to change to 'split' a satin stitch, or use I think
fill #11 or something? One of the fills simulates a satin stitch and
you can also modify the size or number of 'columns' it takes.
Its a problem with the number of movements in the hat attachement-not
only front to back, side to side, but now you have a 'curve' in there-
and the thread has to compensate for the additional 'length' needed
to make a curve instead of flat...and the program can't take it.
Limitations of the setup I guess.
Keep in mind if your customer says 'I saw this hat at the store with
wide satin stitch-why can't you do it?' that the majority of your
mass produced hats are stitched on a FLAT panel before the hat is
assembled! So they can get all kinds of effects and stitches that we
can't do once the hat is made!

Roland

Sunrise Graphics
116 Main St