[amayausers.com] Re: Problem with flat material

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 12:00:15 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/1000.html#000004

Couple things that used to go wrong for me all the time and cause similar
thread problems:
1: bobbin case had lint/fuzz in the thread 'groove' and under the 'spring'
clip-so bobbin thread was inconsistent in feed
2: duh...I had a habit of putting the bobbin in unrolling the wrong way!
3: hoop 'arms' were up too high-letting the material 'bounce' up and down. Tech
showed me that when shirt is in hoop on the machine, the needle plate should
make a 'bump' you can see-so the material is held DOWN to the needle plate, not
up in the air
4: bad bobbin...yes, maybe once in a box-you get a bobbin spool that is just
crap garbage...no matter how you set it. Like the bad clementine orange in the
crate-you know it's in there somewhere! We have a couple bobbin holders and
always keep one loaded, cleaned & adjusted to quickly swap in if we think the
bobbin is causing trouble. Put it in, if problems stops-you know that you need
to check the bobbin and/or holder first!