[amayausers] Re: Pricing Your Product

  • From: "Janel Harris" <janel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:55:01 -0700

I agree that embroidery is not the place to discount. Basing price on
what it costs to produce the product by assessing all overhead costs
including wages and dividing that by average production capabilities to
figure an hourly rate will ensure a profitable place to start. If that
works out to $1/1000 stitches that's ok. All too often beginners use
that figure or even less without assessing their own business. Then
later they find out their not charging enough to be profitable or don't
figure it out and go out of business.

You hear a lot of fixed markup too such as 100% for retail and 30% for
wholesale. I feel markup has more to do with perceived value.  Charge as
much markup as you can for the situation!

Go to the Stitches Magazine website http://www.stitches.com
<http://www.stitches.com/>  and do a search on pricing. Tons of great
articles.

Janel Harris