[amayausers] Re: Presser foot height question??Correction to last posting

  • From: "Cheryl Rotter" <tsiemb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:44:43 -0700

Dear Bob,
I have both XTs and some 2004 Amayas. I did have issues with the new cap
hoop on my XTs at first. Here's what helped me...Don't hoop too tightly
or you can actually push the material over the teeth and it won't have
enough clearance from the backside to go onto the cap frame with ease,
hence the cap frame actually pushes the cap off the hoop when you place
it on the machine. With that said hoop tight enough so that the seam of
the cap sits snugly on top of the teeth on the backside. Make sure you
are bringing the cap all the way forward to touch against the metal
upright stop underneath the bill clip. I always use the bill clip on the
XTs. (I had stopped using it on the 2004s) It was a trial and error
thing but I eventually figured out the fine line between too tight and
too loose. I also make sure to use a long piece of backing.

Concerning performance, I love the new XTs. Changing to and from caps is
a cinch since there's no needleplate to switch out. Also I love the
actifeed feature on the XTs. I am using the feature on my older machines
also, but it works a lot better on the XTs. For what it's worth..that's
my two cents.

Cheryl Rotter
Team Sports Ink
5111 Grumann Dr. Ste #1B