[amayausers] Re: Peggy's stitch eraser

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 09:38:53 -0400

I use a little tiny seam ripper most of the time-otherwise a new
blade in my Xacto knife and just slice right down the thread rows and
pull the threads out. Just have to be careful not to cut the fabric
or my fingers...done both....
all the stitch eraser ever accomplished was shaving the nap down on
christmas stockings-hey, it works great-shave it down and no need to
sew underlayment! or if I cut all the threads on a design to remove
it I could shave off the excess before pulling it all out. Had it
shave through pique knits a couple of times. Never had threads sewn
loose enough for the blade to catch them and cut....would live to see
a company rep demonstrate how it works!
but if someone knows how to use it right, or has a hairy employee to
trim down or a hot poodle....I'll take any good offer!

Roland