[amayausers.com] Re: New Guy Hat Question

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 18:23:04 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/558.html#000004

As far as digitizing a logo to fit in the XT Extended cap sewing area for the
side of a cap....you can digitize it to fit where you want it to go or simply
center it in the hoop sewing area and then rotate the cap driver where you wish
to sew after loading it into OS....more than one way to skin a cat here...

I personally find it difficult to use the cap frames to place names on the side
of caps as it is hard to keep them lined up perfectly parallel to the bottom
line of the cap. It is just too time consumming to try to hoop every cap
perfectly to get the lettering to come out straight, everytime.

If you are trying to, not only, digitize a front design and then in the same
sewing area, add a name to the sides of the cap so it will all sew at the same
time with one hooping....well it can be done but takes more work and
effort,than I am willing to put into the project. It is just too much trouble
to try to line everything up exactly the same while hooping the cap...

I prefer to use the Slimline clamps for the back of caps and fast frames for
the sides.

Just my personal way of doing things...

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer